Complete the dialogues
- Telephone Conversation with the British Firm 1 person (I) in Present or Future Indefinite Tense, Active Voice;
- Continental Equipment. Can I help you?
- Id like to speak to Mr. Cartwright?
- Mr. Cartwright? Whos calling, please?
- This is Victor Klimenko, from TST Systems.
- Hold on, please. Ill find out if he is in.
- What is it, Miss Elliot?
- Mr. Klimenko wants to talk to you, sir.
- Im very busy at the moment. Ask him to phone later.
- Yes, sir.
- Oh … wait a minute, Miss Elliot. Who is Mr. Klimenko?
- He said he was from TST Systems.
- From TST System? … Oh, ask him what his telephone number is. Ill ring him back.
- Hello? Is that TST Systems?
- This is John Cartwright from Continental Equipment. May I speak to Mr. Klimenko?
- Yes. Klimenko speaking … .
- Did you want to speak to me?
- Yes, Mr. Cartwright. Im the new Commercial Director of TST Systems. Ive pleasure in informing you that we carefully studied your materials and decided to accept your proposal.
- Thank you. Mr. Klimenko. Goodbye.
- Goodbye Mr. Cartwright.
- The contract in Past Tense, Passive Voice;
Continental Equipment Plc, Brighton, England, hereinafter referred to as “the Seller”, on the one part, and TST Systems Ltd., Kiev, Ukraine, hereinafter referred to as “the Buyer”, on the other part, have concluded the present Contract as follows:
Subject of the Contact
The Seller has sold and the Buyer has bought the machinery, equipment, materials, and services (Equipment) as listed in Appendix I being an integral part of this Contact.
- medium of exchange - ж) засіб обміну
- measure of value - і) міра вартості
- store of value - а) запас вартості
- to be any substance - з) бути будь-якою річчю
- to issue money - и) випускати гроші в обіг
- modern money - д) сучасні гроші
- to go out of circulation - ї) виходити з обігу
- paper/soft money - г) паперові гроші
- money supply - є) грошова маса
- to express worth - е) виражена вартість
- to be converted - в) бути конвертованим
- payment - б) плата, платіж
Translate into English
- Якби автомобіль не їхав так швидко, нещасного випадку не сталося б.
- Якщо він не прийде завтра, надішліть йому телеграму.
- Якщо я буду там і побачу його, я скажу йому про це.
- Цього б не сталося, якби ви були там.
- Йому доведеться піти в лікарню завтра, якщо йому не буде ліпше.
- Було б дуже любязно з вашого боку, якби ви могли це зробити для мене.
- Чому ви не покликали його? Я певен, що він прийшов би, якби його покликали.
- Мені потрібно було багато часу, щоб перекласти цю статтю. Якби ви мені дали хороший словник, я б витратив менше часу.
- Вона б не губила гроші так часто, якби не була такою неуважною.
- Якби ви сіли на більш ранній поїзд, ми б змогли подорожувати разом.
- Якби я знав, що він завтра прийде, я б не поїхав сьогодні ввечері до нього.
- Якби я був певен, що він уже повернувся до Києва, я б поїхав до нього зараз.
- Якби ви сказали нам кілька днів тому, що у вас є цей довідник, ми б попросили вас дати нам його на певний час.
- Якби я знав його адресу, я б написав йому зараз, що ви згодні допомогти йому.
- Куди б ви пішли, якби були зараз вільні?
- If the car hadnt driven so fast, the accident wouldnt happened.
- If he doesnt come tomorrow, send him a telegram.
- If I am there, and see him, I shall tell him about it.
- It wouldnt have happened, if you had been there.
- He will go to the hospital tomorrow, if he doesnt feel better.
- It would be very polite, if you could do this for me.
- Why didnt you call him? Im sure that he would come, if you called him.
- I had to use much time to translate this article. If you had given me a good dictionary, I should have spent less time.
- She didnt lose her money so often, if she wouldnt be so inattentive.
- If you took the earlier train, we should be able to travel together.
- If I knew that he would come tomorrow, I shouldnt have gone to him today evening.
- If I was sure that he had returned to Kyiv, I should go to him now.
- If you had told us a few days ago, that you had this reference book, we should have asked you to give it to us for a while.
- If I had his address I should write him now that you were agree to help him.
- Where would you go, if you were free now?
Open the brackets, using the correct form of the Participle
- He didnt pay any attention to the ringing telephone.
- The method followed by scientists was not simple
- Having found no one at home he went to his neighbours.
- This is the book being so much spoken about.
- A letter lying on the table must be posted.
- Having obtained new results, they decided to publish them.
- Never having visited the place before, she got lost.
- The house being built at the corner of the street will be a library.
- You neednt repeat the lesson so well having been remembered by everybody.
- He sat in a comfortable armchair smoking a cigarette.
- Having read half the book, he fell asleep.
- Having realized that she had missed the train the woman began to walk slowly.
- It being very cold, they made a fire.
- The book taken from Petrenko is very interesting.
Past Simple - Past Continuous
- Last year I decided to go to England for my holydays.
- When I left Kyiv it was raining, but when I arrived in London it was clearing up.
- A cold wind blew from the sea.
- I went to my hotel by bus. As soon as I sighed in I saw a friend of mine from Ukraine.
- She stayed at the same hotel.
- In the afternoon we went shopping.
- Street traders sold souvenirs.
- We listened to their chatter trying to understand them.
Put the sentences into Direct Speech with appropriate punctuation
- He asked what the weather had been like during my holiday , and I said that it had been awful”.
- Bill asked what country I came from.
- I asked if I should write to Ann.
- She asked him not to interrupt her.
- I begged to make the coffee a bit stronger.
- Ann said not to wait for her if she was late.
- I asked her if she would like to borrow the book but she thanked me and said that she had already read it and had not liked it very much.
- I stopped a man in the street and asked him to help me with my car.
- He asked: “What the weather was like during your holiday?” , and I said: «That it was awful».
- Bill asked: “What country do you came from?”
- I asked: “Shall I write Ann?”
- She asked him: “Dont interrupt me”.
- I begged: “Make the coffee a bit stronger”.
- Ann said: “Dont wait for me if I am late”.
- I asked her: “Would you like to borrow the book”, but she thanked me and said: “Ive already read it and didnt like it very much”.
- I stopped a man in the street and asked: “Help me with my car, please”.
Translate into English
- Він сказав, що повинен зробити цю роботу сам.
- Лікар не велів мені виходити кілька днів.
- Я спитав, чи прийде він сюди ввечері, і він сказав, що прийде.
- Він щойно сказав, що він повністю задоволений результатами нашої роботи.
- Я запитав її, чи іде дощ. Вона відповіла, що йде.
- Лікар звелів йому кинути курити.
- Запитайте його, чи погодиться він допомогти нам.
- Я не був упевнений, що цю роботу буде зроблено вчасно.
- Ніхто не розумів, чому вона відмовилася від такої цікавої пропозиції.
- He said that he should do this jod himself.
- The doctor didnt allow me to go out for several days.
- I asked if he would come here in the evening, and he said he would .
- He has just said that hes completely satisfied by the results of our work.
- I asked her if it was raining. She asked that it was.
- The doctor ordered him to stop smoking.
- Ask him whether he will agree to help us.
- I wasnt sure that this job would be done in time.
- Nobody understood why she refused such an interesting proposition.
Use the correct form of the Gerund. Add a preposition if necessary
- I think Ill have a chance of introducing you to my friends.
- Boys always enjoy swimming.
- Ive just had the pleasure having introduced to your sister.
- She insisted on helping me.
- They had much difficulty of finding the house.
- I have no intention of staying here any longer.
- He is afraid of catching cold.
- She had to leave the house by having seen by anybody.
- Are you fond of playing chess?